There’s a few things I wish I’d done. But on hindsight and thought, I have decided (or should that read “convinced myself”?!) that I probably didn’t need to do them to live a full and fruitful life. Take a look at the list, and the reasons I have. Some of them are funny, others are more valid…
- Bungy jumping – I have a 44JJ cleavage. I’d either blacken both my eyes and break my nose or I’d wind up in a coma from the concussive force of ‘the girls’ hitting me in the face as I bounced. Reason 2, they don’t allow people over a certain weight to jump. Reason 3, I’m scared of heights.
- Cliff diving – see the reason for bungy jumping!
- Parachuting/Skydiving – as above!
- Giving certain people a swift slap or a kick in the arse instead of stepping back and distancing myself from their behaviour – tempting as hell on several and many occasions, but there’s laws against assault. Not to mention that in some cases I don’t think I could stop at a simple slap or a kick in the arse and then it becomes jail time for murder.
- Worked harder at my music lessons, both piano and singing – it meant taking time from my reading or my writing. I could have had a job as a music teacher now rather than this endless round of apply, no reply, no job that I’ve been living for the last 2and a half years though.
- Ignored the days where I craved and ate only junk food – All things in moderation, right?! Half the pizza and bottle of Coke was moderating. Meant I could have the rest for breakfast the next day.
- Worked harder at working out – no point killing myself on this walk to the mailbox! Do another trip later! *snorts* Uh-huh. Right.
- Not caved in to in-law pressure regarding our wedding – gotta impress them with my willingness to commit to something we can’t afford. Gotta make a good impression generally. They’ll like me! (Boy was I wrong on that one!)
So there they are. Things I wish I’d done. And the reasons why I didn’t. For the record; yes, a few of those things I still regret not doing. But who’s to say I can’t still do them? I’m only 40 after all. Well, excepting the bungy jumping, cliff diving and parachuting…