This is day 7 of my 30 Days of Truth blog series. Day 7 – Someone who has made your life worth living.
I have to choose only one? I have a few people that have done this at various stages in my life (I am 40 years old after all!) and to single out only one of them would be unfair. So, I’ll change the question to suit my answer today and celebrate a number of them! Here’s the list:
- Darrell Undery – Yup, the Mister to my Missus. The only man who isn’t related to me (other than by marriage now LOL!) who looked past the packaging I come in and saw Me. And who, by volunteering to be part of my family is stuck with that Me in all it’s highs, lows and early morning “honey, it’s so hot, can you help me hook up my bra please?” moments.
- Johanna Binnekamp – Well duh, she’s my Mum.
- Tasha & Mary Lei – A couple of my best friends overseas, and there’s times Tasha’s been a combo of friend/sister/confidante and butt kicker. Mary loves to laugh and loves to draw, so I get the bonus of happy artwork for my fridge too! 🙂
- Bridget Magri – a sister in belief, and has become like a sister in fact. Bri’s also a combo friend/sister/confidante and butt kicker. When we email each other, we burn up pages and pages of space and talk about stuff only really close friends can!
- Stacy Gulledge – one of the few people I will never regret stepping out of my self-imposed safety zone to actually meet in person. She’s in the same category as Tasha and Bri too. Best of all, Stacy is as blunt and ‘take no BS’ as I can be and that’s sometimes the only thing that gets through to me, and she knows it!
- Annette Pau – my friend since we were doing tribal dancing together for a music festival in primary school. Now has 3 gorgeous kids of her own, and is almost finished her teacher training. I admire her for that, I still don’t have a clue what I want to do with my life and how to go about it! She was there for me alot more than she realised, even though she was hot-footing it around the UK at the time. And how many ways can we bark like Old Mother Hubbard’s dog whilst keeping a straight face in a concert situation?!
So there it is. The top few. Told you I could count my friends on one hand (I count Tasha & Mary as one, they’re a mother/daughter team!). These are the people who make life worth living.